About the Association
The Association of Pediatric Gastroenterologists and Nutritionists of Ukraine is a public organization, founded in 2012, which brings together specialists to create a professional community for the exchange of experience among its members, to provide professional assistance in treatment of pediatric gastroenterological impairments and to introduce into the practice of medical and preventive nutrition.
Purpose of the Association: to improve the educational level of healthcare specialists on the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenterological diseases, as well as on the main guidelines for the medical and preventive nutrition of children, to improve the quality of medical care for children in Ukraine in accordance with modern international standards, to develop the main tasks and scientific directions for the coming years.
Key priorities of the Association:
- to take measures aimed at providing members of the Association with up-to-date information on news in pediatric gastroenterology and nutritiology, the market for medical products and equipment;
- to create conditions for effective interaction of the members of the Association, exchange of ideas and opinions on the diagnosis and treatment of gastroenterological diseases, adherence to the principles of nutritiology;
- to develop cooperation with international and foreign associations;
- to conduct the annual Congress with international participation “Current issues on pediatric gastroenterology and nutritiology".
Since its foundation, the Association has been constantly expanding its activities, as well as the level of tasks. At the same time, the Association operates on the basic principles of its activities: independence, transparency, political apathy, democracy, equality for all its members.
The activity of the Association is based on the personal initiative and interest of its members.
Now leading specialists in the field of Pediatric Gastroenterology, gastroenterologists, pediatricians, general and family practitioners are members of the Association.
Members of the Association have the right:
- to elect and to be elected to the governing or control bodies of the Association;
- to take part in the Congress and to take decisions on the agenda of the Congress;
- to submit proposals for matters within the scope of the Association to the governing bodies of the Association;
- to receive comprehensive information about the activities of the Association;
- to be a member of other public organizations;
- to dispute their withdrawal from the Association members;
- to participate in conferences and symposiums held by the Association for free;
- to contribute to general policy and the development of key directions of medical care for children with gastroenterological diseases;
- to study modern achievements in the field of pediatric gastroenterology and nutritiology;
- to promote raising the level of sanitary culture of the population on nutrition and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- take part in contests conducted by the Association, receive bonuses and other forms of encouragement as authors of the best works;
- to participate in the development and deepening of comprehensive international cooperation in the field of pediatric gastroenterology and infectious diseases, cooperation with international organizations, scientists and public figures, including those from CIS countries;
- to participate in conducting scientific research and development of practical recommendations on children's gastroenterology and nutritiology;
- to expand contacts and exchange experience with relevant organizations of other countries, whose activities are aimed at the children with gastroenterological diseases;
- to participate in conducting public examinations, clinical trials of new pharmaceutical products, medical equipment, treatment methods used in pediatric gastroenterology and nutritiology;
- to publish articles and reports in the mass media, founded with the participation of the Association;
- to have access to the official website of the Association for the presentations, materials and reports used during the congresses with international participation "Current issues on pediatric gastroenterology and nutritiology”;
- to pose questions to leading experts in gastroenterology and nutritiology, taking into account the purpose of the Association.